Décès de Jerry Orbach

Envie de discuter autour de la doyenne des séries Law & Order ?
Ca tombe bien, le repaire des fans francophones est ici !
Stéf
Partenaire de Goren
Partenaire de Goren
Localisation : J'habite entre Creil (60) et Paris où j'ai tous mes potes.

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Stéf »

:( Sincères condoléances... Je n'sais pas trop quoi dire mais même si je ne connaissais pas vraiment l'acteur, je suis tout de même peinée par cette triste nouvelle. Repose en paix, Stéf :(
Ils ont beau dire ce qu'ils veulent des femmes, mais les hommes auront toujours besoin d'elles car "Les hommes sont la création de la femme".

Seb
Pote de Dick et Rene
Pote de Dick et Rene
Série L&O préférée : New York District (L&O)
Personnage favori : Lennie Briscoe

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Seb »

On vient d'apprendre que la production de "Law & Order : Trial by Jury" allait continuer malgré le décès de Jerry...
Six épisodes sont d'ores et déjà en boîte (Jerry figure dans trois... les scènes en question seront-elles retournées ?).
@SebNYD, webmaster de LawAndOrder-fr et SérieTech

Retrouvez LawAndOrder-fr.com sur Twitter (@lawandorderfr) :)

Seb
Pote de Dick et Rene
Pote de Dick et Rene

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Seb »

Communiqué officiel de Bob Weight, patron de NBC-Universal :
NEW YORK -- December 29, 2004 -- On behalf of NBC Universal, Chairman & CEO Bob Wright issued the following statement today:

We are saddened by the passing yesterday of the legendary Jerry Orbach, who had an unforgettable presence on stage and screen for more than forty years. He was a man of extraordinary talents and personal grace. Suzanne and I and all of us at NBC Universal will miss him, as will his countless fans. Our hearts go out to Jerry's wife, Elaine, and to his family and friends on their loss.

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Penduick »

Seb @ 30/12/2004 à 21:06 a écrit : On vient d'apprendre que la production de "Law & Order : Trial by Jury" allait continuer malgré le décès de Jerry...
Six épisodes sont d'ores et déjà en boîte (Jerry figure dans trois... les scènes en question seront-elles retournées ?).
:unsure: J'ai lu sur un site allemand que les épisodes de "Trial by Jury" auxquels Jerry avait participé ne seront pas modifiés

JACK McCOY
Epouse de Sam Waterston
Epouse de Sam Waterston
Personnage favori : Jack McCoy

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par JACK McCOY »

:( Bonjour,

Je suis allée sur le site GOOGLE taper new york district puis cliquer sur "mort de Jerry Orbach" ensuite sur hommage à Jerry orbach (le site de NBC) et sur free vidéo et l' on peu voir une petite vidéo , c'est en anglais mais cela fait chaud au
coeur de l'entendre.

Tu nous manqueras Jerry. :(
« Vous pouvez tromper quelques personnes tout le temps. Vous pouvez tromper tout le monde un certain temps. Mais vous ne pouvez tromper tout le monde tout le temps. »
Abraham Lincoln

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Penduick »

:( Voici le lien en question, il y a toute une page consacrée à la mémoire de Jerry Orbach:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6765565

Lama

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Lama »

You will be missed, Mr Orbach...

Seb
Pote de Dick et Rene
Pote de Dick et Rene

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Seb »

Penduick @ 30/12/2004 à 21:34 a écrit : :unsure:  J'ai lu sur un site allemand que les épisodes de "Trial by Jury" auxquelles Jerry avait participé ne seront pas modifiés
Pour le moment, c'est effectivement ce qui est prévu... Mais il me semble possible que des modifications soient apportées pour mieux amener la sortie du personnage...
M'enfin, tout cela est bien anecdotique de toute façon :(

Mrs Lyle
Partenaire de Goren
Partenaire de Goren

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Mrs Lyle »

:cry: :cry: :cry: Sniff Sniff, dire que je suis restée 10 jours aux US et que j'étais même pas au courant! J'ai appris la nouvelle ce matin à l'aéroport, je répète ce que tout le monde à déjà dit mais bon, c'était un acteur génial, on aurait jamais cru qu'il puisse partir aussi vite.

RIP Mr Orbach!
"Si la connaissance engendre les problèmes, ce n'est certainement pas par l'ignorance qu'on les résoudra" Isaac Asimov

Olivia Benson
Pote de Chris et Mariska
Pote de Chris et Mariska
Série L&O préférée : New York Unité Spéciale (SVU)
Personnage favori : Olivia Benson

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Olivia Benson »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
"Speak the truth, seek the truth, be the truth."

Mariska Hargitay

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Penduick »

:cry: Comment ses amis lui disent adieu............

source: www.chinaview.cn 2005-01-01 15:51:23

People mourn "LAW & Order" Jerry Orbach

Jerry Orbach, who was acclaimed as quintessence on the New York stage -- one of the last bona fide leading men of the Broadway musical and global celebrity on television as a New York detective on NBC's "Law & Order" -- died from cancer on Tuesday night at the age of 69.

BEIJING, Jan. 1 (Xinhuanet)-- "LAW & Order" star Jerry Orbach was mourned open only to close friends and family members with music, memories and meditation Friday in New York where he was eulogized as the quintessential New Yorker.

"He always knew his lines _ and yours too," joked co-star Sam Waterston, who joined about 300 people for the hourlong secular service at Riverside Memorial Chapel on Manhattan's West Side.

The service drew dozens of show business figures, including Chris Noth, Olympia Dukakis, Danny Aiello, Tony Roberts, Michael Imperioli, Brian Dennehy, Benjamin Bratt and author Malachy McCourt.

Broadway legend Chita Rivera remembered Orbach from their "Chicago" onstage partnership in the 1970s. "This huge silhouette would appear in a fedora, smoking a cigar," she said. "There was our anchor. There was our rock in a pinstriped suit."

Ed Sherin, executive producer of "Law & Order," called Orbach "my best friend _ and I imagine there are a lot of people here who would say the same."

He described Orbach as a man who would "break into song" at any moment, while also enjoying a reputation as "a deadly poker player" and avid golfing partner.

"I loved playing golf with Jerry more than I loved golf," said Sherin, adding that Orbach was not a strict scorekeeper when playing with a friend.

Jerry Orbach died from prostate cancer at New York's Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center late on Tuesday at the age of 69.

Born in the Bronx in 1935, he was the son of a former vaudevillian and a radio singer. He went to the University of Illinois and Northwestern University before returning to New York to study with method-acting guru Lee Strasberg.

"It was just sort of understood," he said in a 2003 Playbill interview about his career choice. "It was never a decision that I made at a certain point. When I was nine years old, they picked me for the leading role in a school play. ... I think I always knew I was going to be a performer."

Dick Wolf, creator and producer of "Law & Order," called Orbach "a legendary figure of 20th century show business, who was a star of screen, stage and television."

Orbach starred for 12 seasons in the original "Law & Order" television series as Detective Lennie Briscoe and was set to star in a new spinoff in March. 

¡¡In performances that spanned half a century, the Bronx-born Mr. Orbach came to embody two beloved New York archetypes: the musical matinee idol, to which he gave a refreshingly modern spin with his rugged and idiosyncratic persona, and the shrewd, irascible cop, a role he honed to a razor's edge as Detective Lennie Briscoe on "Law & Order."

Mr.. Orbach's other important roles on stage included Mack the Knife in the landmark off-Broadway production of "The Threepenny Opera" in the late 1950's and El Gallo, the benevolently interactive narrator in "The Fantasticks," which was staged at the Sullivan Street Playhouse in 1960 and went on to become the longest-running musical in New York. Walter Kerr, writing about that performance in The New York Herald Tribune, said, "Mr. Orbach is no doubt on his way."

He also appeared as the misanthropic puppeteer in "Carnival" in 1961 and was nominated for a Tony award for playing Sky Masterson in the 1965 revival of "Guys and Dolls." He won the Tony for best actor in a musical for "Promises, Promises."

Orbach's family is suggesting that fans who want to pay tribute to the actor can do so by making donations to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Just write "prostate cancer research" on the memo section of a check, and send it to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, PO Box 27106, New York, NY 10087. Enditem

(Agencies) 

Related Story

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Penduick »

:cry: source: http://www.nydailynews.com/

'A glorious talent'
Stars pay tribute to Jerry Orbach, beloved actor

BY NANCY DILLON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Mourners bid a final farewell to "Law & Order" star Jerry Orbach yesterday, remembering the man behind archetypal NYPD detective Lennie Briscoe as a generous soul who "wore fame lightly, calling it work."
Cast members Benjamin Bratt, Chris Noth, Jill Hennessy and Jesse Martin hugged and cried as they gathered at Riverside Memorial Chapel on the upper West Side along with Orbach's wife, mother and two sons.

"Jerry loved the whole of his life," cast member Sam Waterston said in a eulogy. "He planned to get all the juice out of the orange. He showed us how life is done."

Waterston struck an emotional chord when he recalled Orbach's grace and class during his last day on the set of the upcoming spinoff series "Law & Order: Trial by Jury."

"People saw he was feeling lousy from the chemo, so there was talk about [scaling back his role]. But Jerry said 'No, don't cut me out of the scene. Just give me half an hour and I'll be fine.' And he did it," Waterston said.

Orbach, who earned raves as a leading man on Broadway before his jump to movies and TV, died Tuesday in Manhattan of prostate cancer at age 69.

The beloved Bronx-born actor had been diagnosed with the disease last spring but only went public with his courageous battle last month.

"He was handsome as all hell," said dance legend Chita Rivera, Orbach's co-star in the original 1975 Broadway production of "Chicago." "He had an entrance that was just amazing. He was this huge silhouette - and there was our anchor, there was our rock."

Olympia Dukakis, Danny Aiello, Brian Dennehy and "Sopranos" stars Michael Imperioli and Dominic Chianese joined the 300 friends and family members under the chapel's sky-blue domes and listened to music from "The Fantasticks," one of Orbach's first big productions and the longest-running musical in New York.

Cabaret singer Alice Evans stood beside Orbach's simple wooden coffin and performed "Perhaps Love" by John Denver.

Ed Sherin, an executive producer on "Law & Order" and Orbach's golfing buddy, helped mourners smile through their grief when he recalled Orbach's intense but soothing presence on the set.

"I've seen him bring a dry-mouthed actor a cranberry juice or throw a terrified day player - cameras rolling - a forgotten line under his breath," Sherin said.

"His was a glorious and outrageous talent," said family friend Elizabeth Hepburn, who led mourners on two guided meditations.

Orbach, whose breakthrough came in the 1956 Off-Broadway revival of "The Threepenny Opera," won a 1969 Tony for "Promises, Promises" and reinvented the tormented Julian Marsh character in the megahit "42nd Street."

He played Jennifer Grey's buttoned-down father in the film "Dirty Dancing" and was the voice of Lumiere the candelabra in Walt Disney's animated feature "Beauty and the Beast."

Orbach's run as the hard-boiled but moral Detective Briscoe lasted for 12 years. He's expected to appear posthumously when "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" premieres in March.

Originally published on January 1, 2005

Sur le site il y des fotos de Sam Waterston, S.Epatha Merkerson,
Brian Dennehy and Chris Noth

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/s ... 8902c.html

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Penduick »

:cry: source: http://www.newsday.com/news/local/

Friends, co-stars mourn Jerry Orbach

By VERENA DOBNIK
Associated Press Writer

December 31, 2004, 3:59 PM EST

NEW YORK -- Jerry Orbach was mourned with music, memories and meditation Friday during a funeral where he was eulogized as the quintessential New Yorker on the long-running police drama "Law & Order."

"He always knew his lines _ and yours too," joked co-star Sam Waterston, who joined about 300 people for the hourlong secular service at Riverside Memorial Chapel on Manhattan's West Side.

Orbach, a Broadway song-and-dance man who achieved his widest fame as wisecracking Detective Lennie Briscoe on TV's "Law & Order," died of prostate cancer Tuesday at 69.

The service drew dozens of show business figures, including Chris Noth, Olympia Dukakis, Danny Aiello, Tony Roberts, Michael Imperioli, Brian Dennehy, Benjamin Bratt and author Malachy McCourt.

Broadway legend Chita Rivera remembered Orbach from their "Chicago" onstage partnership in the 1970s. "This huge silhouette would appear in a fedora, smoking a cigar," she said. "There was our anchor. There was our rock in a pinstriped suit."

Ed Sherin, executive producer of "Law & Order," called Orbach "my best friend _ and I imagine there are a lot of people here who would say the same."

He described Orbach as a man who would "break into song" at any moment, while also enjoying a reputation as "a deadly poker player" and avid golfing partner.

"I loved playing golf with Jerry more than I loved golf," said Sherin, adding that Orbach was not a strict scorekeeper when playing with a friend.

The actor was equally gracious on the set of "Law & Order," the director said, pouring juice for nervous, dry-mouthed colleagues or whispering lines to them if they forgot them.

Orbach lay in a simple wooden coffin draped with white blossoms under the chapel's blue and gold vaulted ceiling. A half dozen pews marked "Friars Club" were filled with fellow members of the New York organization famed for its celebrity roasts.

The service was led by family friend Elizabeth Hepburn, who started and closed the ceremony by leading mourners in a breathing meditation, interspersed with guitar renditions of John Denver's "Perhaps Love," "Lullaby of Broadway" and "Try to Remember" _ the signature song of the off-Broadway hit "The Fantasticks," which launched Orbach's rise in New York theater in 1960, as El Gallo.

Orbach co-starred in a string of hit Broadway musicals including "Carnival!" "Promises, Promises," "Chicago" and "42nd Street," and in the off-Broadway hit comedy, "Scuba Duba."

Among his film credits were "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight," "Prince of the City," "Postcards From the Edge," "Crimes and Misdemeanors," and "Dirty Dancing." He also was the voice of the candlestick Lumiere in the Disney animated feature "Beauty and the Beast."

Orbach, who won a Tony Award in 1969 for "Promises, Promises," played Briscoe on "Law & Order" for a dozen years and was already at work in an upcoming spinoff series, "Law & Order: Trial by Jury."

"He chose a certain life, lived it as himself _ and it worked out," said Waterston, struggling to keep his composure as he addressed the mourners.

Even in the last weeks before he died, Waterston said, Orbach still tried to enjoy everything from the company of friends and family to what he saw from his window at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

"He didn't quit the show before it was over," he said.

Copyright © 2004, The Associated Press

Galerie de photos en mémoire de Jerry Orbach

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/state ... -apnewyork

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Penduick »

Source: www.seacoastonline.com/news/
Sun. January 2, 2005

Jerry Orbach, stage veteran and star of NBC's venerable "Law & Order" franchise, died Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2004.
Knight Ridder Tribune photo

'Law & Order' won't be the same without Jerry Orbach

By Hal Boedeker
The Orlando Sentinel

Jerry Orbach never won the Emmy for playing Detective Lennie Briscoe, but he earned something greater: the audience’s respect and affection for giving life to a memorable character. With the actor gone from "Law & Order" this season, the long-running NBC drama lost a good deal of its sardonic flavor.
The news Wednesday morning of Orbach’s death was such a shock because he was such a dependable, energetic presence. He died at age 69 of prostate cancer Tuesday night in Manhattan.

Orbach was continuing his role as Briscoe on the upcoming "Trial by Jury," another spin-off of "Law & Order."

"I’m immensely saddened by the passing not only of a friend and colleague, but a legendary figure of 20th-century show business," "Law & Order" creator Dick Wolf said in a statement. "He was one of the most-honored performers of his generation. His loss is irreplaceable."

That is not hyperbole. Many "Law & Order" fans might not realize that the Bronx-born Orbach was one of Broadway’s great song-and-dance men. He won the Tony for the musica* Promises, Promises."

He also starred in "Carnival" and "42nd Street." He created the role of the shady lawyer in "Chicago," a part that Richard Gere assumed in the Oscar-winning film.

Orbach appeared as the narrator in the original cast of "The Fantasticks," a musical that ran for more than 40 years in New York.

In the movies, Orbach provided the voice of Lumiere the candelabrum in Disney’s "Beauty and the Beast." His other film credits included "Dirty Dancing," "Prince of the City" and "Crimes and Misdemeanors."

But his role as Briscoe brought him his greatest fame, as well as long-sought security.

"All my life, since I was 16, I’ve been wondering where that next job was gonna come from," he told the Associated Press in 2000. "Now I take the summer off, relax, and I know that at the end of July we’re gonna start another season."

He played the role on the origina* Law & Order" for 12 seasons, starting in 1992. He was a generous colleague in assessing the series’ success.

"There is integrity in the writing," he said in a 1994 interview. "We don’t stoop to the lowest common denominator."

He received an Emmy nomination in 2000 for playing Briscoe. He also earned Emmy nominations for a guest appearance on "The Golden Girls" and for a supporting role in the TV movie "Broadway Bound."

"Not to blow my own horn, but I think it is kind of unusual that I can sing, I can perform on the stage, and I can also act in front of a camera," Orbach said in 1994. "Not a lot of people can do that."

He played a disagreeable detective in the drama "The Law and Harry McGraw," a spin-off of "Murder, She Wrote" that lasted a season on CBS.

"There’s a pace in TV I like," he said in 1993. "I like to work fast. I don’t like to dwell all day over one scene as you do in a big feature. Big feature films are another world."

In July, Wolf explained that Orbach hadn’t quit the origina* Law & Order" but was moving on to the sequel. Orbach’s Briscoe will appear in several episodes of "Trial by Jury," which NBC will start later this season.

"As Jerry will be the first to tell you, he has moved beyond the mandatory retirement age of any police force on the planet," Wolf said then.

The actor’s cancer diagnosis had been announced this month. He is survived by his wife, Elaine, and two sons, including actor Chris Orbach.

When Orbach’s diagnosis was announced, Wolf vowed to work around the actor’s treatment.

Wolf has a long and successful record of replacing the actors on the original show. But when the witty, down-to-earth Orbach stepped away, "Law & Order" wasn’t the same. He brought humanity and flair to his scenes in the fast-moving crime procedural.

Wolf said it best: The actor is irreplaceable.

Nicolas
Partenaire de Goren
Partenaire de Goren

Décès de Jerry Orbach

Message par Nicolas »

Que dire de plus, à part que cet acteur était éblouissant par sa sobriété. :cry:

Répondre