[Law & Order] Articles intéressants

Envie de discuter autour de la doyenne des séries Law & Order ?
Ca tombe bien, le repaire des fans francophones est ici !
Répondre
Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Message par Penduick » 1 décembre 2004, 23:53

:D Je voulais juste vous dire qu'il y a une vente aux enchères (pour la bonne cause) sur les pages de la NBC.

On y présente entre autre des objets de Law and Order, SVU et CI:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stori ... 457&EDATE=

Pour avoir accès à la vente:

Bidders can log on to http://www.shopnbc.com/ for the opportunity to win their favorite merchandise and once in a lifetime opportunities

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Message par Penduick » 2 décembre 2004, 18:37

:unsure: Je ne veux gacher la journée à personne, mais je viens juste de trouver ceci:

'L&O' Star Orbach Fighting Cancer

(Thursday, December 02 08:28 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Long-time "Law & Order" star Jerry Orbach, currently shooting the latest spinoff of the NBC franchise, is undergoing treatment for prostate cancer.
Orbach, 69, was diagnosed in the spring and has since been receiving treatment for the disease, the most common form of cancer among men in the United States. He hasn't had surgery, says his manager, Robert Malcolm.

"We expect he'll be fine," Malcolm tells New York's Daily News. "He's been playing golf, shooting his episodes and doing real well."

A Tony Award winner and three-time Emmy nominee, Orbach played Detective Lennie Briscoe on "Law & Order" for 12 seasons -- the longest run of any actor on the series, now in its 15th year. He'll reprise the character, now an investigator for the Manhattan DA's office, when "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" debuts on NBC in the spring.
"Law & Order" creator Dick Wolf calls Orbach "one of the great actors of his generation."

"He has been both a colleague and a friend for almost 15 years," Wolf tells the paper. "He is dealing with an unfortunate medical situation right now. We expect him to make a full and swift recovery, and while he is receiving treatment, we will work around his schedule."

Source de l'article: Zap2it.com

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Message par Penduick » 2 décembre 2004, 19:07

source:wnbc.com

Jerry Orbach diagnosed
with prostate cancer
Manager says ‘Law & Order’ star
expected to make full recovery
Jerry Orbach, 69, starred for 12 seasons in the original “Law & Order” series, but left to head the spin-off “Law & Order: Trial by Jury,” set to debut next year.
The Associated Press
Updated: 9:37 a.m. ET Dec. 2, 2004NEW YORK - “Law & Order” actor Jerry Orbach has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, his manager said.

advertisement

“We expect he’ll be fine. He’s been playing golf, shooting his episodes and doing real well,” manager Robert Malcolm told the New York Daily News for Thursday editions.

Orbach, 69, starred for 12 seasons in the original “Law & Order” series, but left to head the spin-off “Law & Order: Trial by Jury,” set to debut next year.

So far, Orbach’s illness has not disrupted production of the new show in any way, producer Dick Wolf said.

Malcom said Orbach has been receiving treatment since spring, but declined to discuss how advanced the illness is or the nature of the treatment.

“We expect him to make a full and swift recovery, and while he is receiving treatment, we will work around his schedule,” Wolf told the News.

Orbach began playing Detective Lennie Briscoe in 1992, the original show’s third season.

Born in the Bronx, he was in the original cast of the off-off-Broadway hit “The Fantasticks” and has appeared in such films as “Dirty Dancing,” “Prince of the City” and “Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Seb
Pote de Dick et Rene
Pote de Dick et Rene
Série L&O préférée : New York District (L&O)
Personnage favori : Lennie Briscoe

Message par Seb » 3 décembre 2004, 00:21

@SebNYD, webmaster de LawAndOrder-fr et SérieTech

Retrouvez LawAndOrder-fr.com sur Twitter (@lawandorderfr) :)

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Message par Penduick » 30 décembre 2004, 16:05

:ph34r: Apparemment, Benjamin Bratt n'est plus tellement sollicité depuis son départ de Law and Order..en ce moment il se retrouve quasiment "au chômage"...

source: Tvguide.com, 30.12.05

Benjamin Bratt's Unemployed!
by Ethan Alter

Memo to Hollywood's casting agents: Benjamin Bratt's schedule is completely open. "I have no job prospects on the horizon," admits the former Law & Order star. "The last job I worked on was Catwoman, which wrapped in February, so I haven't worked in ten months. But I'm not worried yet — it's allowed me to focus my attention on my family, which is my favorite thing to do."

Bratt does have a small part in the just-released indie film The Woodsman. He plays the genial brother-in-law of a convicted pedophile named Walter (played by Kevin Bacon). "My character's willingness to forgive and forget is a bit simplistic," admits the 41-year-old actor. "He simply wants to patch up the family and, in a straight-forward way, he feels like Walter paid his debt to society. I think there's something wrongheaded about that. Personally, I would have handled the situation in a completely different way. I don't know if I could ever forgive someone close to me who suffers from the same sickness Walter does."

Bratt was offered the role by Bacon, whom he has known since they appeared together in the 1994 thriller, The River Wild. For Bratt, the movie provided the opportunity to return to an area he loves: independent filmmaking. "Oftentimes — and I'll admit to it — a studio job is a payday. You can rest assured that a film like The Woodsman would never be produced by a studio. That's what I love about indie film, it's not afraid to take risks. It delves into this subject matter with a greater depth and a greater understanding.

"I'm not bashing studio films because they have their place and certainly from a work point of view, they're much nicer to work on. But I find a greater challenge in this particular part of American cinema."

It's appropriate then, that Bratt's next big-screen appearance will be in another indie film that will premiere at Sundance in January. "I play a small part in this movie called Thumbsucker. It's a coming of age story about a boy whose life unravels when he's forced to quit sucking his thumb. It has this really quirky cast. Tilda Swinton, Vince Vaughn, Vincent D'Onofrio and Keanu Reeves are all in it."

Wow! Considering that cast, is Bratt sure he was in an indie?

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Message par Penduick » 11 janvier 2005, 03:11

Je viens de trouver cette info sur un cite italien... :blink:

Elisabeth Rohm a participée à la création d'un livre sur les chiens:
"Where Sleeping Dogs Lie : Cozy Canines and Their Napping Nests" de Julia Szabo

Elle a écrit la préface du livre et y pose avec son chien Venus ..elle aurait également convaincu d'autres collègues de Law and Oder - notemment Jessie Martin e Sam Waterston - de poser avec leurs chiens.

Voila quelques fotos:

Elisabeth Rohm et Venus:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/95/b3/e8_1_b.JPG

Jessie Martin et ??:
http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/96/e0/5e_1_b.JPG

Sam Waterston et ??:
http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/95/74/61_1_b.JPG

Description du livre sur Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books

Le site de Julia Szabo
http://www.humanesocietyny.org/

Seb
Pote de Dick et Rene
Pote de Dick et Rene

Message par Seb » 11 janvier 2005, 17:35

Penduick @ 11/01/2005 à 3:11 a écrit : Je viens de trouver cette info sur un cite italien...  :blink: 

Elle a écrit la préface du livre et y pose avec son chien Venus ..elle aurait également convaincu d'autres collègues de Law and Oder - notemment Jessie Martin e Sam Waterston - de poser avec leurs chiens.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Penduick
Partenaire de Briscoe
Partenaire de Briscoe

Message par Penduick » 12 janvier 2005, 23:24

Voilà une interview avec Elisabeth Rohm

source: http://msnbc.msn.com

10 questions with ... Elisabeth Rohm

Law & Order’ star looking forward to new rolesBy Brian Balthazar
NBC News producer

Updated: 5:36 p.m. ET Jan. 10, 2005

Don’t fence Elisabeth Röhm in. The actress, best known for her role as the ambitious Assistant District Attorney Serena Southerlyn on NBC’s long-running hit “Law & Order” is packing up her legal briefs, ditching her business suits, and taking on new roles.

Born in Germany to a corporate attorney father and a free-spirited writer mother, Röhm was raised in New York City. Bitten by the acting bug in college, she got her first professional break on the daytime drama "One Life to Live".

Before her debut on "Law & Order" in 2001, Röhm reached a decidedly hipper, albeit more gothic, audience in the recurring role of detective Kate Lockley on the WB’s Vampire-drama "Angel". But gavels down, it is the NBC stalwart that has packed the most punch. Now in her fourth season, Röhm, like so many before her (Carey Lowell, Jill Hennessey, and Angie Harmon), is making a break. But unlike the often nonchalant departures of previous characters, this episode is likely to have viewers talking the next morning.

Up next on the docket — her film debut alongside Sandra Bullock in "Miss Congeniality 2," which will be released in March. And now, 10 questions for Elisabeth Röhm.

I know you were on “One Life to Live,” but is it true your mother was a writer on “Guiding Light”? Your family must have a flair for the dramatic!

She did for a brief, brief period of time. I think for a year or so.

The irony is that she wrote for “Guiding Light” when I was probably like eight years old, and I really only came to acting about the time I was 18. My mother probably has more the flair for drama. If I picked up any of that from either of my parents, I’m sure it came from her.

So you’re leaving "Law & Order" — and that’s kind of the grand tradition, isn’t it? A lot of people have played that role over the years on "Law & Order" and have gone on to pursue film careers.

Well, I think that the boys have had greater luck,  you know? The women have chosen different paths. I mean, both Carey (Lowell) and Angie [Harmon] went off and had children. Angie I think has done a movie and may be doing something currently and then Jill [Hennessey] is starring in her hit show. I think Chris Noth has done a lot. I mean, what is great about this show and what I love about it, especially in reflection of Jerry Orbach passing, is that it was a place that we were lucky to grow up in ... the list goes on and on of people who really trained under the auspice of Jerry Orbach and Sam Waterston and Michael Moriarty. Here you have a marriage of the young and the accomplished coming together and learning from each other.

If I had stayed, I don’t think it would have made much sense, and as much as I loved the show I personally had to kind of kick myself out of the crib.

You haven’t had one of those ‘Oh, what have I done?’ moments?

You know, I’m sure I did. I’m sure I had several. It was very hard for me to make the decision because my managers and agents wanted me to not even do any of this season. Most girls left after a three years and Jill left after two years. I was very comfortable and I had planted myself there and Sam Waterston had become a really good personal friend so it was a harder decision for me. But then I traveled and I shot a film this summer and it opened my eyes to something beyond what’s comfortable and I realized that I didn’t have anything else that I could offer this character.

Your character on "Law & Order" is obviously very serious, doing the business suit thing. But when I saw you at a party recently, and when you’re on the red carpet ... Va Va Voom! Very glamorous, very girly! Are you looking forward to losing the business suit look for a while?

God, yes. I mean, you know, that’s also it. Working with Sandra Bullock on “Miss Congeniality 2” was hysterical. She’s so funny, and suddenly I felt young again, laughing and appreciating her humor.

And like you said, you go down the red carpet and you get a sense of glamour and beauty. ... I’ve always been cast as older, so it would be really fun for me to be a romantic lead or be in a comedy or do a dramedy series.

Okay — tell me — you played a detective on 'Angel', you were assistant D.A. on 'Law & Order', now you’ve got ‘Miss Congeniality 2’ coming out in the spring. Are you staying on the right side of the law again in this upcoming film?

I am, I am. I’m so on the right side of the law that I’m completely anal and probably rather abrasive and annoying to the more eccentric and creative Sandra Bullock character. I’m an FBI agent. I don’t know what it is — I guess if you’ve got a college education you get cast as a cops, lawyers, FBI agents ...

Do you get to flex your comedic muscle in the film?

Yeah a little bit. The whole film is very funny. I think that when I’m funny, the joke is on me. You know, I don’t realize that it’s funny — which is very funny. It’s very much the kind of humor I’d like to do. I do tend to be very serious and philosophical and so, you know, as I’ve grown up I’ve learned to lighten up and see that the world, as complicated as it is, and human nature, as interesting as it is to analyze ... it’s all just a crapshoot. People that really take themselves so seriously are very funny and are funny to laugh at. And I’m one of them. 

I’ll admit to being a regular watcher of all things 'Law & Order'. As a result, I have little or no social life, because it’s on all the time. But I haven’t really seen any clues that your character is about to leave, so my prediction is that something big is going to happen. Enlighten me.

That’s very interesting, because there are two camps. There are people that think that they’ve seen clues and there are people that have seen none.

Oh no, I’m the stupid one.

No, Sam (Waterston) doesn’t feel like there have been any clues. ... I’m kind of somewhere in between. I know what happens when I leave; then I wonder if there were real moments that led up to that. And I think that there have been a few, but I think it’s going to be surprising.

Do you get into some sort of trouble here?

Of course I get into trouble! It’s no fun having a big party if you don’t get into any trouble. And a departure, I guess, is a party!

I did an Internet search of your name. I got about 40,000 results and one of them goes to a link that lets people see how biorhythmically compatible they are with you. You’ll be sad to learn that you and I are only 87 percent compatible.

Oh honey, that’s really good though! One of my best friend’s mothers told me once that you only get 80 percent of what you want and if we’re in the 87th percentile we’re really doing well!

Okay, then! Have you had any of those bizarre instances where people treat you as though you’re really the character you’re playing on TV?

Sure! But not so crazy as when I was on the soap. When I was on the soap people would engage in conversations with me about my character. But now I’m playing a character that’s almost characterless. So I get “Hey, Serena!”

I love it. In fact, Serena’s a prettier name than Elisabeth.

© 2005 MSNBC Interactive

Nicolas
Partenaire de Goren
Partenaire de Goren

Message par Nicolas » 13 janvier 2005, 13:30

Elisabeth Rohm a participée à la création d'un livre sur les chiens
Mort de rire :lol:

juju
Partenaire de Goren
Partenaire de Goren

Message par juju » 20 janvier 2005, 15:27

Penduick @ 11/01/2005 à 3:11 a écrit : Je viens de trouver cette info sur un cite italien... :blink:

Voila quelques fotos:

Elisabeth Rohm et Venus:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/95/b3/e8_1_b.JPG

Jessie Martin et ??:
http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/96/e0/5e_1_b.JPG

Sam Waterston et ??:
http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/95/74/61_1_b.JPG

Description du livre sur Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books

Le site de Julia Szabo
http://www.humanesocietyny.org/
merci pour les photos :D :D :D

csivore
Law & Order Addict
Law & Order Addict

Message par csivore » 23 janvier 2005, 11:59

Voici un article extrait du Rocky Mountain New du 17/01/2005 ou S.Epatha Merkerson donne à chaud ses impressions sur la conclusion de l'épisode lié au départ de Rohm et et parle également de ses projets personnels.
Et l'impression que chacun a du rajout à la 6,4,2 d'une conclusion aussi surprenante que polémiste est confirmée dans cette article :

HOLLYWOOD - It's not often that a critic is able to tell a performer what happened on her own show.

S. Epatha Merkerson, the sturdy Lt. Anita Van Buren on Law & Order, had just finished a press conference regarding her lead role in HBO's upcoming movie, Lackawanna Blues.

The first question in the hallway, outside the interview room: "What was your reaction to what happened on Wednesday night?"

A look of bewilderment crossed her face. "What do you mean, what happened?"

Merkerson was unaware of the episode's controversial ending, which also ended the run of Elizabeth Rohm in her role of Serena Southerlyn, the assistant district attorney.

After the story line about the murder of a New York rap singer ended, District Attorney Arthur Branch (Fred Dalton Thompson) called Serena into his office and fired her. Arthur's complaint: Serena, as a prosecutor, uses her heart more often than her head.

Arthur told Serena she'd do much better in advocacy work then she would in prosecution.

Serena's reply: "Is this because I'm a lesbian?"

She turned and left the room. The screen went dark, followed by the traditional credits for creator and executive producer Dick Wolf.

It was a jaw-dropping ending for L&O's millions of fans - and, apparently, also for Merkerson.

"I had no idea this was coming. I was aware this was Elizabeth's last show. She wants to do other things. But I didn't know how the script would set up her departure."

Merkerson pointed out that the "law" and "order" segments of the 15-year-old series are often filmed on different days in New York. From that perspective, Law & Order is almost two different shows.

Some scenes call for Lt. Van Buren to interact with the district attorney's office. But most of the time she is too busy ordering her two detectives around on murder cases.

While the ending produced controversial shock waves, the lesbian aspect had no dramatic logic, mainly because of a lack of prior indication that Rohm's character was gay.

As viewers know, Law & Order scripts rarely delve into the personal lives of the characters. And many critics note there wasn't even any offhand dialogue about the sexual preference of Rohm's character.

The advocacy vs. prosecution conflict did make sense, because several previous scripts had featured Serena's arguments with Arthur Branch and Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston) about the prosecution of murder cases. But the quick lesbian connection offered Law & Order writing at its worst.

Fans will meet Serena's replacement, Alexandra Borgia (no relation to Lucrezia), played by Annie Parisse in Wednesday's episode, which deals with deaths caused by a fake flu vaccine.

And the tune-in should be high. Viewers will be curious to meet the new cast member and to see if there's more of a scripted resolution surrounding the departure of Rohn's character. Could it be Law & Order producers used the last-minute lesbian story line simply to gain viewers in the series' Wednesday night ratings battle against CBS' CSI:NY?

Meanwhile, Merkerson is enjoying the spotlight surrounding her temporary liberation from her button-down character in Law & Order. Based on Ruben Santiago-Hudson's critically acclaimed off-Broadway autobiographical production, Lackawanna Blues, airing Feb. 12, recounts life in Lackawanna, N.Y., in the mid-'50s on the eve of desegregation. The story is told through the eyes of the young Santiago-Hudson, growing up in that environment.

Merkerson plays Rachel (Nanny) Crosby, a larger-than-life matron whose heart is as large as the boardinghouse she operates - a colorful place where drifters, dreamers and eccentrics can always find a hot meal and a new start.

Nanny's place is "a piece of heaven on earth" for segregated blacks, who boogie to the jukebox, drink, eat, play cards or shoot craps. Merkerson, outstanding as Nanny, loved every minute of filming.

"There are certain things Van Buren does every week on Law & Order," she said. "They are constant and consistent. Every now and then you see a little quirk in her, a little sense of humor. But basically she tells the guys what to do. They go do it. And if they come back wrong, she goes after them.

"Lackawanna Blues was the opportunity of my career. At 51, with hot flashes, I got to play this part. It was fabulous."

Merkerson calls the role liberating: "A chance to really laugh and cry. And you know what? You'll never see Van Buren dance like Nanny. It simply won't happen."

TODAY'S NOSTALGIA: On Jan. 17, 1972, Jack Lemmon hosted a widely praised NBC musical special, S'Wonderful, S'Marvelous, S' Gershwin, which saluted George and Ira Gershwin. Performers included Ethel Merman, Fred Astaire, Ella Fitzgerald.

17/01/2005 Dusty SAUNDERS
Attention SPOILER :
Branch : " You're fired !!"
Novak : "Is this because of my sexcrimes tee-shirt ?"

Seb
Pote de Dick et Rene
Pote de Dick et Rene

Message par Seb » 28 février 2005, 13:25

Zap2It a écrit : 'Law'-Mania: NBC Cries Wolf All Week
(Friday, February 25 02:00 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) With three hours of primetime coverage per night (four on Sundays), the typical week features 22 hours of valuable television space for the Big Three networks. Next week, though, NBC viewers will notice so many hours of "Law & Order" programming that they may think they've accidentally tuned in to TNT. As part of the all-out launch of the fourth Dick Wolf-produced "Law & Order" series, NBC is dedicating 12 primetime hours to "Law" and/or "Order" during the period stretching from Sunday, Feb. 28 through Saturday, March 6.

For those of you scoring at home, NBC will air the original "Law & Order" mothership three times, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" four times" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" three times. In addition, the brand spanking new "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" will air twice, in a special Thursday episode following "The Apprentice" and then in its regular time period at 10 p.m. ET on Friday.

Viewers will be able to triple their "Law & Order" pleasures with three hours on both Sunday and Saturday. Monday will, in fact, be the only night in the week without a single "Law & Order" hour. Throw in the number of "CSIs" on CBS next week and FOX's triple dose of "American Idol" and it's little wonder that the television landscape is looking rather monotonous.

Versus the comparable week last year, two of the three "Law & Order" entries are down in total views. Facing tough competition from CBS' "CSI: NY," the mothership has fallen to 13.2 million viewers per week, down from 16.1. Sunday's "Criminal Intent," up against "Desperate Housewives," has slipped from 13.6 million to 12.4 million. Only Tuesday's "Special Victims Unit" is up, going from 12.7 million viewers last season to 13.5 million now.

JACK McCOY
Epouse de Sam Waterston
Epouse de Sam Waterston
Personnage favori : Jack McCoy

Message par JACK McCOY » 1 mars 2005, 19:40

" Source d'info FR3" le 01/03/2005

le Cour Suprême des USA a aboli mardi la peine de mort à l'encontre des criminels mineurs c'est à dire moins de 18 ans au moment des faits.

Les scénaristes de Law and Order vont ils en tenir compte et modifier les sénarios ?

Je crois qu'ils l'avaient fait, quand la peine de mort était de nouveau en vigueur à New York. :o
« Vous pouvez tromper quelques personnes tout le temps. Vous pouvez tromper tout le monde un certain temps. Mais vous ne pouvez tromper tout le monde tout le temps. »
Abraham Lincoln

csivore
Law & Order Addict
Law & Order Addict

Message par csivore » 1 mars 2005, 20:20

Jack McCoy
le Cour Suprême des USA a aboli mardi la peine de mort à l'encontre des criminels mineurs c'est à dire moins de 18 ans

En complément de cette précédente info, voici ce lien issu du site Le MONDE qui reprend de manière détaillée les circonstances de cette abolition :

Le Monde 01/03/2005 - 19h20 ( source AFP )

J'ignore si cela poussera à modifier d'éventuels scénarii mais cela constitue inévitablement un événement marquant pour que les scénaristes de L&O ( tout comme Trial by Jury par ailleurs) s'en inspirent fortement pour y consacrer un épisode.
Attention SPOILER :
Branch : " You're fired !!"
Novak : "Is this because of my sexcrimes tee-shirt ?"

JACK McCOY
Epouse de Sam Waterston
Epouse de Sam Waterston
Personnage favori : Jack McCoy

Message par JACK McCOY » 5 mars 2005, 18:51

Bonjour,

voici un article "Le télé se penche sur les recettes à succès des séries américaines"
L&O

http://www.serietheque.com/actus/?p=coup
« Vous pouvez tromper quelques personnes tout le temps. Vous pouvez tromper tout le monde un certain temps. Mais vous ne pouvez tromper tout le monde tout le temps. »
Abraham Lincoln

Répondre